Playing roulette is a game, and it should remain a game. Roulette is not a game of skill that can be played more and better. In a game of chance, there are always only two outcomes: win or lose. It’s about bad luck or luck. Enjoy it even more next time you win. Chances are you will lose next time.
How do you know if you or someone you know is a risk gambler or a problem gambler?
When does gambling addiction happen? This is usually the case if the following signs appear:
- You often want to and often think about gambling.
- You don’t want to gamble anymore, but you go again and again.
- Friends, acquaintances, family and other activities are neglected and alienated.
- You are in financial trouble because of gambling
- You set limits (time and money), but every time you end up spending more money and time gambling.
- You want to win big because you think everything is going to be okay.
Tips to help you keep gambling fun
Whether you’re betting for the first time or you’ve been playing for years, keep the following tips in mind before placing your bet to keep gambling fun.
- Make sure you understand the odds and the house edge. In the long run, the house always wins.
- Know how much you are willing to lose and how long you want to play – set time and financial limits.
- Know and respect your risk tolerance.
- Never borrow money to gamble.
- Don’t risk money you can’t afford to lose.
- Consider teaming up with a friend to help each other stick to your personal betting schedule.
- Set a timer on your phone to keep track of betting hours.
- Balance gambling with other activities.